VANILLA & LEMON MUFFINS
REFINED SUGAR FREE DAIRY FREE
The perfect combination of zesty lemon and calming vanilla is the basis of these protein muffins. Perfect to serve up for a mid morning treat, bound to please even the pickiest eaters!
- 1c all purpose flour
- 1/2c vanilla protein powder (I used Nuzest)
- 4tsp baking powder
- 3/4c coconut sugar
- 3/4c nut milk
- 1/3c apple sauce (or butter)
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- Zest from 2 lemons
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1/2c greek yoghurt
- 1/2c protein powder (I used Nuzest Creamy Cappuccino but chocolate or vanilla would taste good too.
- 1/2tsp coffee granuels dissolved in 2Tbsp boiling water.
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees and coat a 12 case muffin tray with non-stick spray.
2. Mix flour, protein powder, baking paper and coconut sugar in a bowl until combined.
3. Melt butter, then whisk in milk, vanilla, lemon juice and zest. If you use apple sause then there is no need to melt it.
4. Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients, and mix until just combined.
5. Spoon into muffin tray with or without cupcake casings.
6. Bake for 15 minutes or until cooked through - check using a wooden skewer.
7. Leave to cool on a wire rack.
- Whisk all ingredients together, and place on top of each muffin.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.