SEED & NUT MUESLI BAR
REFINED SUGAR FREE DAIRY FREE
For a quick, easy and versatile muesli bar without the added sugar, try this recipe. Perfect for lunch boxes and pre-workout fuel.
- 1c chopped dates, soaked for 5 minutes in boiling water
- 3/4c whole oats, ground up
- 1/3c almond meal
- 1/2c nuts, ground up - not too fine
- 1/4c peanut butter
- 1/4c honey
- 1tsp rice malt syrup
- 1tsp chia seeds
- 1tsp linseeds
- 1/4c pumpkin seeds
- 1/4c sunflower seeds
- 3Tbsp goji berries, dried
1. Boil hot water and cover the chopped dates. Allow to soak for five minutes.
2. Place oats in food processor and grind until a rough flour forms. Add the nuts and process until the nuts are slightly chopped up.
3. In a small saucepan warm up the peanut butter, honey and rice malt syrup and stir until combined.
4. Combine all ingredients together in a bowl and then press into a lined slice pan.
5. Place in freezer for at least 2 hours before slicing into desired sizes.
6. Store in an airtight container in the freezer.