SALMON WITH VEGGIE COUSCOUS
REFINED SUGAR FREE DAIRY FREE
Delicious salmon pan fried to perfection, on top of sauteed vegetables and couscous. A quick and easy weeknight dinner that can be whipped up super quick!
- 2 salmon fillets
- 1 1/2c dry uncooked couscous
- 1c water
- 1/2 capsicum (any colour), sliced
- 1 caugette, sliced
- 6 kale leaves, chopped
- 3 mushrooms, sliced
- 1 brown onion, thinly sliced
- 2Tbsp tamari sauce
- 1Tbsp fish sauce
- 1 lemon, sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Bring the water to a boil in a pot. Once boiling add the dry couscous, turn off the heat, and leave to cook in the pot.
2. Place salmon fillets in pan, skin side down. Lay lemon slices on flesh side of the salmon, then season with salt and pepper. Cook on medium heat for 15 minutes, or check to see the fillet is cooked through. The flesh will be a lighter shade of orange and pull apart easily.
3. Place all sliced vegetables in a pan, pour on the tamari sauce and fish sauce. Cook on medium until the salmon is cooked, stirring often to stop the vegetables from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
4. Mix the cooked couscous in with the vegetables. Serve this mixture onto plates, and top with cooked salmon.
Leftovers are great served cold the next day for lunch!