GLUTEN FREE REFINED SUGAR FREE DAIRY FREE
This recipe was given to me by a friend, and it's been sitting on top of my fridge for about 6 months waiting to be made!
It wasn't until a work friend of mine asked for a copy of the recipe that I thought it was a good reason to make it, take photos of it, and then post it on Just Live!
- 2c raw mixed nuts (I used cashews, Brazil, almonds and hazelnuts)
- 1c pitted dates, soaked in boiling water for 15 minutes, then drained
- 2Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1tsp ground ginger (I used 2 tsp because I love ginger!)
- 3/4c coconut oil, melted
- 1/2c honey (or maple syrup)
- 1/2c tahini (or cashew butter)
- 3 tsp ground ginger
1. Process the Base ingredients together until well combined. The mixture should hold together when you press it into the bowl.
2. Press into a tin lined with baking paper. Place in the fridge or freezer to set.
3. To make the icing, blend the coconut oil, honey, cashew butter and ginger until smooth. Pour this over the base and place back in the fridge or freezer until set.
4. Store in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer until ready to serve.
Lover of everything that nourishes her soul - especially poached eggs, dark chocolate, hill sprints and her hubby.
Over 20 of my favourite healthy recipes. Click here to buy for just $9!