A delicious and tangy healthy alternative to a dense and creamy cheesecake. The raspberries make for a sweet and tangy alternative to other berries, not to mention the lovely colour!
- 10 fresh dates, pitted
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2c ground linseeds
- 1/2c chia seeds
- 1c shredded coconut
- 250g cashew nuts, soaked for 4-6 hours in water, then rinsed
- 80ml coconut oil, melted
- 85ml coconut nector, or pomegranate juice
- 1c raspberries, fresh or frozen
- 3 Tbsp pomegranate juice
1. The base needs to be made first. Blend the dates and coconut oil in a food processor. Add in linseeds, chia seeds and coconut, and process until the mixture has a biscuity consistency. Add a little more coconut oil or another date or two if the mixture doesn't stick when pressed together.
2. Press the base mixture into a pie dish, including up the sides, then refrigerate for at least 6 hours (overnight is ideal).
3. While the base is freezing, make the filling. Blend cashew nuts, coconut oil and coconut nector in food processor.
4. Add raspberries and pomegranate juice and continue to blend until the mixture is smooth. Add more juice if needed.
5. Pour the filling mixture into the base and return to the freezer for another 4-6 hours.
6. Remove from freezer an hour before serving, as the cheesecake gets very hard! Slice, and serve with fresh raspberries, and a sprinkle of cacao nibs.