Fritters can be used in so many ways - burger fillers, on their own with bacon for breakfast, a lunch box snack and also, of course, as part of a nourishing bowl of veggies.
Here's a fairly quick and easy recipe, and it helps to boil your pumpkin and sweet potato before hand so that when it comes to shaping the fritters they aren't too hot to handle!
- 1 large sweet potato, cut into bite sized chunks
- 200g pumpkin, cut into bite sized chunks and skin removed
- 1 onion, diced
- 2tsp crushed garlic
- 1tsp each of turmeric, ground cumin, paprika, cayenne powder (if you can handle it), salt and pepper
- 2Tbsp chilli paste
- 1 egg
- 1/2c bread crumbs (or almond meal if gluten free)
- 2Tbsp coconut oil to fry in
1. Boil pumpkin and sweet potato for about 20 minutes, then mash. Set aside to cool.
2. Fry off the onion and spices for about 5 minutes.
3. Mix all ingredients except the coconut oil in a bowl. Shape patties into whatever size you desire.
4. Fry in a pan set to medium heat for about 5 minutes each side, or until brown and firm enough to flip.
5. Once cooked, these can be stored in the fridge for a couple of days for meal prep or eaten straight away.
REFINED SUGAR FREE GLUTEN FREE DAIRY FREE NUT FREE
Lover of everything that nourishes her soul - especially poached eggs, dark chocolate, hill sprints and her hubby.
PUMPKIN & SWEET POTATO FRITTERS
Thoughts, experiences and all things real not perfect in the life of Just Live.
Just Live Recipe E-Book
Over 20 of my favourite health recipes in one e-book. Nutritious, quick and easy to make!