An easy weekend brunch - these waffles are quick and easy to prepare in under 10 minutes! Add any toppings you wish - raw honey, warmed berries, banana, bacon (?!), kiwifruit, chopped nuts or coconut yoghurt are just some ideas.
- 1/2c almond meal
- 1/2c coconut flour
- 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder (optional)
- 1/2tsp baking powder
- 1/2tsp baking soda
- 4 eggs, whisked
- 2Tbsp honey or maple syrup
- Zest and juice of one lemon
1. Turn waffle machine on.
2. Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl.
3. Melt coconut oil, then mix in with whisked egg, honey and lemon.
4. Combine all ingredients together in a bowl. Pour half the mixture into waffle machine and allow to cook - at least 5 minutes.
5. Remove cooked waffle then pour remainder of mixture into the waffle maker and allow to cook.
6. Serve topped with your favourite ingredients.