LEMON ROAST CHICKEN
GLUTEN FREE REFINED SUGAR FREE DAIRY FREE
A quick and easy roast dinner - perfect for a Sunday night. Add any vegetables you like to the roasting pan 45 minutes before the chicken will be ready.
- 1 fresh or frozen chicken size 18
- 1-2 whole lemons, depending on the size of the chicken
- Olive oil
- Fresh or dried herbs such as sage, rosemary, oregano or thyme
1. Heat oven to 180 degrees, and prepare your roasting pan by spreading 2 tsp of oil on the base.
2. Rinse the chicken in cold water then pat dry with a paper towel.
3. Cut the lemon into quarters and place inside the chicken, with the lemon flesh pressing against the chicken.
4. Place the chicken in the pan, breast side up, and cover with tin foil or the pan lid. Cook in the pre-heated oven for 1.5-2 hours depending on the size of the chicken.
5. Cut vegetables such as carrot, potato, sweet potato, onion and pumpkin into 3cm chunks. Add these to the chicken pan when there is 45 minutes left for the chicken to be cooked through.
6. To test if the chicken is cooked, insert a knife into the chicken, if clear juices excrete then it is ready.
7. Serve with the roasted vegetables and steamed greens.
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days. Perfect for sandwiches the next day!