REFINED SUGAR FREE DAIRY FREE
Most store brought muesli bars are loaded with unnecessary nasties like processed sugar, additives and preservatives.
These energy bars are filled with ingredients for lasting sustained energy. Oats, walnuts, protein powder and cashew nuts all provide unique nourishing vitamins and minerals for optimum energy.
- 1 1/4c dates
- 1/3c walnuts
- 1/3c raw cashew nuts
- 2/3c oats
- 1/4c ground linseed
- 1/4c vanilla pea protein powder (I used Nuzest)
- 1/4c coconut
- 1/4c sunflower seeds
1. Place dates, walnuts cashew nuts and oats in a food processor and blend until the mixture resembles a chunky crumb that sticks together when pressed.
2. Add the remainder of the ingredients and blend until the mixture is combined.
3. Press the mixture into a slice tin lined with baking paper. Depending on how thin or thick you would like the bars, choose a slice tin size to suit. Sprinkle some coconut on top.
4. Place in the freezer to set, and once sliced keep in the fridge or freezer.
Lover of everything that nourishes her soul - especially poached eggs, dark chocolate, hill sprints and her hubby.
Thoughts, experiences and all things real not perfect in the life of Just Live.