HALOUMI ROAST VEGGIE SALAD
REFINED SUGAR FREE GLUTEN FREE
Leftover roast vegetables are perfect to use in so many dishes.
For this, I've used leftover roasties and then added some pan fried veggies right before serving. The salty haloumi makes the perfect accompaniment to the vegetables.
Below I've listed the vegetables in this salad but you can use any leftovers. I tend to roast more than I need for dinner so that I have some leftover for a quick lunch the next day.
- 2 medium potatoes
- 1/2 a sweet potato
- 2 carrots
- 1/2 a brown onion
- 1/2 can of baby beetroot, drained
- 1/4 red onion, sliced
- 1 tomato, cut in to chunks
- 150g haloumi (I used The Collective)
- 2Tbsp flour
1. Heat oven to 180 degrees and line a baking tray with grease proof paper.
2. Cut the potato, sweet potato, brown onion and carrots into bite sized pieces. Place on tray, with a drizzle of olive oil. Bake for about half an hour or until they can be pierced with a fork.
3. Fry the tomato and red onion in a pan until just softened.
4. Mix roasted vegetables, tomato, red onion and beetroot in a bowl.
5. Slice haloumi and coat each slice in a think layer of flour. Place in frying pan on low until brown (about 2 minutes) then flip and repeat on that side.
6. Combine cooked haloumi with vegetables, and serve. Sprinkle with seeds and a clean dressing if desired.
Lover of everything that nourishes her soul - especially poached eggs, dark chocolate, hill sprints and her hubby.
Thoughts, experiences and all things real not perfect in the life of Just Live.