CARAMEL PROTEIN BARS
REFINED SUGAR FREE DAIRY FREE
Caramel is my ultimate favourite. It's my first pick for a sauce to go on ice cream and find it hard to pass up good old caramel slice.
The smooth combination of dates, honey and peanut butter in this recipe make the bars taste like they shouldn't be healthy, but they are! Walnuts, coconut and pumpkin seeds make the perfect balance.
- 1 1/2c dates
- 1c walnuts
- 2 scoops of plain pea protein powder (I used Vitality Organics)
- 1/4c coconut
- 1/4c peanut butter
- 1/4c honey
- 1/2c seeds of choice such as pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds or oats. Leave out the oats if you would like a gluten free option.
1. Place dates and walnuts in a food processor and blend until the mixture resembles a chunky crumb that sticks together when pressed.
2. Add the remainder of the ingredients except the seeds and/or oats. Blend until the mixture is combined.
3. Pour the mixture into a mixing bowl, then stir in the seeds/oats - you might have to get your hands dirty for this part!
4. Press the mixture into a loaf tin lined with baking paper. Depending on how thin or thick you would like the bars, choose a loaf tin size to suit. Place in the freezer to set, and once sliced keep in the fridge or freezer.
Lover of everything that nourishes her soul - especially poached eggs, dark chocolate, hill sprints and her hubby.
Thoughts, experiences and all things real not perfect in the life of Just Live.
Just Live Recipe E-Book
Over 20 of my favourite health recipes in one e-book. Nutritious, quick and easy to make!