GLUTEN FREE REFINED SUGAR FREE DAIRY FREE
A quick and easy biscuit recipe to whip up. These are very versatile - you can add anything on top, not just the raspberry chia seed jam.
- 2c almond meal
- 1/4c coconut oil
- 1/4c honey or maple syrup
- 1 egg
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4tsp sea salt
- 1/2tsp cinnamon
1. Heat oven to 180 degrees, and two baking trays with baking paper.
2. Mix coconut oil, honey, egg and vanilla in a bowl until combined.
3. In another bowl, mix almond meal, salt and cinnamon, then pour wet ingredients in to the dry ingredient mixture.
4. Place mixture in tablespoon size on the baking trays, about 2 inches apart. Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes.
5. Remove biscuits from the oven, and make a thumbsized dent in the top of each. Add any topping you like, I used this raspberry chia seed jam that I prepared earlier.
6. Place back in the oven for another 5 minutes or until biscuits are brown around the edges. Remove from oven and leave on tray to cool. Transfer to an airtight container and store in the fridge.
Dollop of fruit jam
An almond on each
A walnut on each